Monday, March 19, 2007

The Fratellis

I'm in love.

The other night, I bought The Fratellis debut album; Costello Music.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've been listening to it non-stop. Long story short...It's awesome.

The second track is "Flathead" which you might recognize from this add:



Get this, they're from Glasgow, Scotland. Sound familiar? Franz Ferdinand, Belle & Sebastian, Mogwai, and Snow Patrol are just some of the great bands that originated there. Must be something in the water.

Besides being adorable...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...they are also very funny. I can't find the video clip, but they showed them doing an interview on MTV's "You Hear It First" where they each introduce themselves as such:

"Hi, I'm Jon. I'm the drummer."
"I'm Mince. I'm also the drummer."
"I'm Barry, the third drummer."

Or something like that. Made me laugh. They're so cute. I really hope they play in Houston one day so I can meet them.

While I'm talking about music... I should mention that the new Kaiser Chiefs album "Yours Truly, Angry Mob" comes out March 27th. I will be standing in front of Hastings when they open the doors. Oh, man. They need to come to Houston, too. That's like life changing shit right there.

No comments: